Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Certain Matters...

When I thought I had completely buried it, it flickers... Giving hope...
Why now? The fire burns when i touch it...
It was supposed to die out on that windy night - a magnificant sight of stars overhead...
I had licked my wounds dry... These have turned numb...

When they are about to harden, heat was generated from within, the cracks deepen, succumbing to the heat, a mere warmth a little warmer than the human body temperature... I feel the pain of the long sealed... the long lost hope, the impossible longing...

Why did it just happened? It ain't supposed to happen... I don't want it to happen..But i couldn't help it... I knew i would bury it over and over again as the fire will lit as soon as it is forgotten, melting down my wounds, burning them deeper than ever, reminding me of the amber that i longed to forget... It's glow haunts... I'm helplessly under it's spell... Or is it my own fantasy and imagination? Perhaps... Because it had never promised the warmth that I had wanted and desired...

An idiot i am... but i will continue to guard the amber... though it might cost my lifetime...
Perhaps one day the amber would be broken down by microbial action or natural erosion, just, maybe it would... someday...

2 comments:

Jiali Lau said...

I like this! Fictional, very. =)

chiawen said...

Lol,thanks...metaphoric elements...^^