Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Rainy Day...

After spending a whole day in class doing (and playing) the report that we were supposed to hand up tomorrow...Class ends as usual, the only unusual thing is we didn't have any lectures today, all our lecturers were absent...Such coincidence... A whole morning wasted, because the only meaningful work that we had put in effort to do is still incomplete... -_-!"

It was gloomy the entire day i might say... not much of a sunbeam...The atmosphere was cooling but not quite refreshing as it tend to make me sleepy...I felt numb the whole day in class, don't no what's the matter with me...perhaps it is due to my deprivation of sleep last night... didn't sleep too well...poor me...T-T

The sky was covered with a translucent blanket...Dim light darkened the sky...I was thinking of having my usual lunch at the cafe, but the incident yesterday got me thinking twice before i lift my foot...Pondering for awhile whether to skip lunch or swallow some bread... Indulging deep in my own thoughts, i heard the others discussing about having fast food...Ow gosh, not that McDelivery again!! Hearing it doesn't boost my appetite....I was still thinking about the mouse faeces they had found in the rice at the cafeteria...Eiiiww... I had wanted to puke...Those little droppings of the small scavengers are poisonous for us...

I feel like eating KFC though...thus i spoke my mind...silence... and then screams of enthusiasm by Tzyy Wei, "I want to eat cheesy wedges!" The exclamation started to affect the others too... "Wanna call McDonold's or KFC??"
"Anything" (But I think they had made up their minds to have a go for KFC meals)
All plans were set up so abruptly... The cab was called... Waiting...and waiting for it impatiently... Some instinct kept telling me that we weren't going to be in time for our replacement class at 2.30pm... Droplets of sky juice had started to touch the lips of the black tar road... Gracious, it's even worse...what if we were stuck in the middle of a traffic jam...
Theva said for the fifth time "don't worry la...we'll be in time..."
The cab went pass where we where standing...heading straight towards our hostel...unaware of the waving hands of ours which had tried to get his attention in the misty downpour beside the academic block... but still, two of us had to brave the rain, walking all the way to the hostel and flag down to cab which was waiting impatiently by the warden's house...my baju kurung was partially wet, at least just the bottom part of it were it nearly touches the ground... My worn out high heels had been dampen for ages before we could gratefully hopped into the cab,stop it to fetch the other duos who hadn't come along...

At last, we were speeding towards the nearest KFC... Some friends had also placed orders to have KFC for lunch...So we had quite a load to carry after that...

The queue in the fast food restaurant was a short one to my relief... But it took ages for the waiter to prepare all those that we had ordered... It was still raining outside..but the intensity of droplets per square feet was less denser than before...the drinks were the first to be packed readily... To ensure that we will be in time for Miss Nenny's class two of us went out to stop another cab just to jump in in as soon as theva and tzzy wei got the other meals...

The trip back would have been a good one if it wasn't for the pungent perfume (freshener) the the cab driver had put in his cab...imagine the smell of moist trapped air and the sweat and odours that are in this vehicle...it was totally unbearable...
Extremely sensitive to perfumes...I felt like as if a nausea spell had got into me... I feel dizzy throughout the journey....pleading (in my heart) to reach our campus in lightning speed... I really really hate perfumes... Hate it, simply loath it, any type of it...Erghh...

The next time i hop into a cab..I'll surely ask ''Pak Cik, ada letak perfume tak?'' smiled at him and slam the door if he has one or happily got in, grateful that the cabby doesn't make my traveling miserable with weirdo smells and odours... I can bear sweat odours but please...no perfume at all... I'll vomit my entire stomach if it happens again! Anyway, a compensation to it, a chance to savour KFC fried chicken pieces... Yummy yummy, haven't touch it since the first sem last year... *grateful*...

No comments: