Friday, August 14, 2009

A Long Day...

The day is warm... My cosy room filled with the warm breath of morning breeze... There isn't any lessons today. The bed opposite mine was empty with blanket neatly folded in one corner. I wonder how long have they been having their lessons since i wake up. the thermos flask was already on my table...oh good, a nice warm drink to start the day... I thank the hands that prepared it for me.... Sweet of her...^^

Everything was motionless, I'm the only moving thing... yanking myself out of my pyjamas, i cleaned myself listening to any excitement which would fill the air instantly...I heard nothing... some classes had their lights on, yea, they're having classes alright.... a phone call, shattered the vacuum silence... I dashed around for the papers... Just a call to get me up and around... No time to gulp my food... changing into the official batik... grabbed all of the pile...heading straight to the staff room...

The lecturer wasn't there... Another call... I put everything in my hands on the table... There was nothing much i could do, not any assignments or whatsoever markings... A call got me sweating in the air-conditioned room... I realised... The day is after all...late already...

Ambling along the tar road... i went up to my room..It's still the same, motionless...coming alive only in my presence... But then the sunbeam had shifted it's path the yellow streak now painted across the upper ceiling... It has been a long day... though half a day...

No comments: