Friday, November 7, 2008

Rejuvenation...(Sedili Camp)^^ 1






I am back!!! Four days of rejuvenation in Sedili camp swept away all my passimism... I simply love it!!! It's a pity i still can't manage to upload all my photos because of the poor wireless connection here... Will do so when the line is better...

Still, I'll give some insights into what I've experienced these few days...
First Day
We were given a task to complete the par course...(something like the National Service obstacle training)... For me, it's quite usual (just all those obstacle: crawling under the wire bulbs and muddy tunnels, climbing up the tree branch and down it, balancing on the ropes, etc...) the only difference is just that those mud aren't naturally formed... Half an hour before we start the the task, the facilitators used DIRTY DRAINAGE water (air longkang) to soften the mud along the trail,just imagine that...It was way smelly... I prefer natural mud which smells of moss and soil... But this...Euu... It's awful! Water that had been stagnant for countless days with lots of germs and some kind of nasty suspension... Just imagine, me, soaked in that slimy stuff...what an unpleasant feeling... I felt like living in the rubbish heap for months already... All those "tarzan" acts have to be done in the shortest time ever... What a pity my team took longer time than three other groups, still, i think we weren't the last ones.... Haha... after that we rushed to wash ourselves clean but the stinging smell still lingered around us... I had to abandon the shirt and pants on the fence... At night, we had a night walk session... Walking in pitch dark is no big deal, but the toughest part is we had to climb a hill, it's an up hill and down hill route, mind you... (overgrown with thick forest of course)... Holding on to a single rope to lead us to the clearings at the other side of the hill... Somewhere in the middle of the trail, the rope ended... We had to find another end of a different rope by either walking ten steps forward, or to the left or to the right... Our leader manage to find the rope...We continued our journey... we finish up this session by using half an hour's time... Someone in front of me tumbled down hill as they missed a footing or two... I sympathise with them,but was helpless when the incident happened...the one in front of me was actually pulled down by the one infront of her...together they tumbled down into the ditch... I heaved a sigh of relief as they weren't badly injured...(They slipped only a short distance down hill).....
Second day
This is the day whereby i enjoyed myself very much...^^ We had a jungle trekking session... Actually it is not a jungle trekking session, but a lalang trekking, as both sides are overgrown with lalang...The view was nice... Just think of the scene in Heidi...the scenery is just like it...
The trekking took about three hours if i'm not mistaken... we followed the trail amongst the tall lalang (weeds), passed through a small marsh area... Our shoes were damped by the soggy stuff...(luckily i brought two sport shoes)...Then, as we strolled towards a clearing, the view of the sea caught our eyes...We reached the beach at last!!!! It was a wonderful one.... the seaside consist of a combination of ivory white fine sand and smoothen pebbles of various colours...we spent an hour's time there (no wonder i got such a bad sunburn) waddling in the clear sea water, admiring the picturesque view...it was exhilarating to drink the fresh sea breeze sweeping pass my face... watching small fishes swimming near the shores....drowning in the laughter of my friends... It was simply fantastic...!!!! Then we had to walk back along the shores towards the main road before walking back to our camp site...The distance was 3 km from the main road... Walking under the hot sun was a challenge... Luckily my friend brought along her rain coat...we seek shelter under the rain coat (Rain coats can be useful too during the fine weather!!!) ... At least it saved me from further sunburns.... The during the evening we had mini sports at a different beach which was just a 5 minutes' walk from the campsite....We played dodge bal, sand castle building...and more... at night we had night patrols... I was to keep watch from 1 to 2 am... That night A few freinds and i were a grand feast for the uncountable blood sucking mosquitoes... I think i lost a pint of blood to those tiny insects....Lol....
......To be continued.... Haha.....^^

No comments: