Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Wesak Day...


I'm so happy to be able to chant Maggala Sutta and other suttas during the Pali chanting today... And, oh my, i didn't expect that the English Hymn session is back... I love it... for the first time i feel that it is my nicest Wesak Day...
The shrine hall on the third floor of the newly built building is spaceous... Though not many devotees follow the English session, i feel at peace during that session... I hope the English session of Buddhist teaching will continue... Not many people realise that the Buddhist teachings are also passed down in English... Mum is one of the senior devotees who followed the Dhamma in English...And, I'm not afraid to admit that i prefer to learn Dhamma in English and Pali language than any other languages...
I didn't meet many friends that time..Maybe because it was too early... Anyway, the usual prayers were done... I enjoyed it very much... I thank Buddha for giving me such an inspiring experience...

No comments: