Friday, October 24, 2008

We Dance....

Tzyy Wei n I
Jee Ying n I


TESOL chinese girls are all involved in this dance


Theva and I

The day before yesterday we had performed in the Deepavali function... I can not believe that I'm actually dancing the Indian dance....
Well, it started off one day when our Indian friends told us about the performance they were going to present during the deepavali celebration... They were quite desperate as there are only five Indians from our course...Then, Tzyy Wei said:" i want to join!...Let's join to help them!! "
(actually she was longing to wear the punjabi suit....)
That's how we got ourselves involve in it... I was dragged into it... We practiced very hard to get the steps right... (Chinese can't really dance like indian, do they?)...I'm actually quite forgetfull...but still with the help of Suya...I manage to get it right during the actual day of the performance...
On that day itself we were praised by Indian lecturers and other seniors as we danced quite well for a typical chinese....^^
I enjoyed myself very much.... Now it's time for me to get back to my assignments again... That's all for now....

3 comments:

Gecko said...

Hey Nice to see (and read) that you're enjoying the Indian experience! Welcome to India by the way! hope your course schedule allows you to get a deeper bite into the Indian culture and it's variety of sights and sounds (and tastes :P). Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Ermm, thanks you for leaving me a comment...But i think you've misunderstand me... I'm currently not in India...I'm still in Malaysia...Just that we've perform together with our Indian coursemates, the Indian dance for our Institute's Deepavali celebration....^^

Gecko said...

Oh, Splendid! i didnt know deepavali is celebrated in such a big scale in Malaysia, but then, there're a lot of things i don't know! :P
The photos felt just like India :)