Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Of fishes...

Something rang a bell in my mind...Fishes...
I missed fishes from the pasar payang...
freshly tossed from turquoise waters of the coast...
their sight are the friendliest... incomparable...

Fishes here, where I settle temporarily... unbearable...
Just look at the ones on trays array...
Proudly displayed... Proud to be one of those on trays...
My eyes look away from them every time...
even the veggies are much nicer looking...
what pathetic looks they have...
not to mention, savour them...

Shiny skin...fried, steam, 'gravied', peppered, spiced...
Never do I rest my cravings for them...
Yet, they lay there, proud to be glimpse upon,
as though my hands had reach over...
as though I had lost myself to their sight...
What a joke...

Glimpse is mere glimpse...
No intention,
simply natural...
Why?
To pick what I decide to have,
on my menu...
I had to look through every single one of them,
not to say the centered dishes - fishes,
they delightedly purr when I rest my sight upon them...
Nope, I definitely won't choose those fishes...
Unless, the cook decides to change the style they are cooked...
Well, I hope there will be a change in the recipe,
for the next bucket of fishes delivered...

In the mean time, I looked for chicken, veggies, tofu...
which are some how, always not an eyesore for the picky me...

No comments: