Sunday, February 1, 2009

Back to School... Err, I mean Institute...

Got back this morning... The morning hadn't prevail its light... It was nearly 6am when I arrived at the familiar bus station... Half-awaken and still with the half-closed eyes, Pei Hwa and I dragged ourselves of the bus together with our luggage... The station wasn't as busy as usual today, kind of weird though...

Cautious of pick pockets and snatch thieves, we edged ourselves towards McDonald's, the only tuck shop which opens its doors at such an odd wee hours (not really wee hours, I guess because of it's 24 hours operation )...

There were no indication of the 'new year'-ly mood... Ticket ushers were shouting at every passerby... "Skudai!!!...Skudai!!!.....Lumut!!!...Lumut!!!....Amoi, nak ke Lumut?!!!...Lumut!!!...Lumut!!!" Seriously, i find it quite an 'ear sore' especially when they started shouting into your ear as you pass by... But it is also a good thing, I was wide awake after that... Saw our senior, Mei Ching in the shop... Thinking about it now makes me wonder: She didn't went back to Perlis for cny celebration, so why was she there so early in the morning with some luggage too? Then, I saw Theva and Prasyana too... They had arrived at 5 something... That's much earlier than us...

We ended up sitting the same taxi back to our institute... The Indian driver was thinking whether to charge us rm 12 or rm8.... With some persuasion from Theva (I guess), in the indian dialect, which I do not have much understanding of, he left with our rm8 only... That was also quite a cut throat price as the bus station was quite near my institute...If it is not because of our heavy luggage, I would had walked all the way back to my hostel... That for free of course...

The familiar sights of the institute came into sight...Usual sleepy hollow scene without a soul on the field... My room welcomed me with a thick layer of dust...Spring cleaning work waiting for me...

Spent the day unpacking, mopping the floor, sleeping... Having naps and snoozes every now and then, as i had spent an uncomfortable night in the bus, jamming my feet against my big luggage through that 8 hours' journey...

I just hate to leave my hometown and my friends during chinese new year... Lessons will resume tomorrow... I think i'll go to bed earlier tonight...

1 comment:

Op said...

dear..hw old r u?