Monday, January 16, 2012

A Blessing...

Although I haven't heard any dhamma talks for quite a long time, the online streaming was a wonderful one...I feel blessed for opening my page at the right moment to actually see it...

I pray hard that the life that is the cause and end of suffering can be a productive one to know the extends of the Buddha's teaching ...The four fears as I heard in Chatuma Sutta... This I will share with those who visited my blog...
Fear of waves - Anger caused by pride...
Fear of Crocodiles - glutinity... temptation of food...
Fear of whirlpools - unguarded senses... the five sensory pleasures
Fear of Sharks - attraction towards the opposite gender... lust....
all these are obstacles to those who wanted to deepen their cultivation...

The first fear that I am determined to overcome is the fear of whirlpools...
it is hard not to fear them... as it is easy to get carried away...
carried away by senses... are indulgence of worldly conditions...those that are temporary...

During the course of listening to the Sutta Study session, someone happened to ask to separate children who come to the monestry with their parents... I feel that it should not be done... Children who are brought to the monastry at a very young age gets more exposure to dharmma teachings and monks and other venerable lay people who could guide them... Yes, they may be noisy, but through the course of the constant exposure, they are able to gain self discipline as time goes by... Those children who follow the dharmma will not be lost easily in their paths.. I feel that it is the greatest blessing that the parents could offer to their children... I have been brought up by such parents... It is the blessing that they have given me, that drives me towards the path...



 

No comments: