Thursday, January 19, 2012

Things that matter...

All this time... Work has been good... I must say the working hours aren't too long neither are they short... I had moved to a windowless room... The stuffy room makes it hard to get a change of inspiration...
New Year is just arouund the corner... Yet there isn't any festive mood here... The walk to uni was as usual filled with people of all sorts, mostly students... New faces who are present for summer school.. Exhaustion was inevitable for me as all I need to do is stare at the desktop all day long...

Browsing through videos after work was fortunately not that stressful.. My mind wonders around imagining the festive mood in my hometown... though it would be quite a sleepy hole, things would never be like what I experience in a foreign country.. No programmes, no special events... except maybe on this coming 21st...I would have to see how they celebrate it here... A little progress which captured my eye along the short stretch of road, few lanterns hanging silently on the lamp post.... No festive songs... Not a word breathe about it... Yet, those lanterns fill a little part of me with a fade warmth... I wonder whether they lit up at night...

The greatest dissappointment was the muddled mind of someone who does not care about this celebration... They got the wrong zodiac for this year...Wake up, it's the year of the water dragon silly... Simply dreadful.. They care not of reunions, they care not for merry-making,  of being with friends and family.. All they care is to get drunk during the festive season... that's their partying.. that's their so called happiness... Such indulgence...

It is regretful that they knew not of the joys of get togethers and the bond in collectivist culture... Well, after all they do not share the greatest of minds either... After all those things are trivial matters for them... Leading a half drunken life...

No comments: