Thursday, June 19, 2008

Permanent Residents & Regular Visitors...

" Yucks!" my father yelled as soon as he step out from our car. It's the work of our P.R (permanent resident) again... Our porch was filled with the mess created by the P.Rs - small patches of smelly goo! Our uninvited P.Rs has vomited all over the place... Guess the P.R...they are CATS!!
I do not remember the exact time when those stray cats 'move' into my garden and made it their 'home sweet home'...But they stayed till now... with many generations been born in my garden.... I could hear the yowling of cats just outside my door during their mating season and that occurs in the middle of the night! Waking up in the middle of the night is a norm for me cause by the horrible yowling ritual of the cats during the 'peak season... I had always like the cute faces of those cats especially their kittens, but they are quite annoying now that they feel bold enough to attempt slipping into my house.. and i hate that....
There are the regular visitors also, hens from neighbouring houses scrap the soil of my garden to find food... leaving behind lumps of droppings not on the soil but on the floor of the porch! Besides that, they sometimes lay their eggs in the old cupboard behind my house... About a dozen every time... Huh, when the eggs hatch, there were chicks running all over the place... Sometimes it is nice to watch them fighting over some grains of rice... Now my garden is over flown with domestic animals though i do not own them...What a joke....

No comments: