Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dragons

Indulging myself in a very relaxing break after the hectic second year, I brought up all my yearning for a good reading session filled with my own thoughts and imagination. The city library do me good by having such a heavenly collection of books that I had set my eyes on so eagerly since I first learnt of its location. Yet, I could just swallow my cravings as assignment due dates and courseworks were burdening my head all the time.


Finally, my urge is being filled... I have frequented the library now that I had plenty of time to spare. Books of all sorts have I packed merrily in my usual  backpack meant for lectures, replacing the seemly dreaded text books... It felt lighter although I was carrying several bulky story books from the library... Funny ay... It was this particular book that touched my senses, stimulating them, waking them up or rather activating my almost dormant imagination which had been bogged down by continuous academic workload which were actually quite dry though interesting in another way... My imaginations started running wild... I had never felt this sort of enthusiasm for a very long time... It was a sort of awakening... A wave of sensational bliss within my still youthful heart. The title starts with the D word... although most people are now being dazzled by vampires' hot looks and narrations (pardon me Theva =P)... I continued to be amazed by how easily I fall for dragon-ish tales and trilogies... I am hooked... A must read book.. It is more of a mind developing duology (as the third book isn't out in the market yet)... The writer Robin Hobb has indeed presented the most wonderful narration... The descriptions were simple but they captured my senses and mind images to the utmost level... I had never imagined such a wonderful image of a story before...  I had finished the books 'Dragon Keeper' and 'Dragon Haven' in just two short days and is craving for more of the last sequel... The funny thing is, I ran all the way to the library immediately to get the second book after I finished the first one... It was that addictive...



Time like that are hard to come by, I doubt that after this long break, I would have such a relaxing period of contenplation when I move on to my third year...Life has not been as carefree as my childhood days, I bet everyone had felt the same way as I do... Books are the only gems which carry me back in time... Where the fantasies exist...



 

No comments: