Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Little feelings...

My tiny feet set along the pebbled path...
Leading me towards a lush green clearing...
I saw it from the thick tropical bushes...
I continued walking...
there were rattans twisted around little limp trees...
choking them along the way...
I was wary...
wary that they too might come alive and choke me...
the was once, a story that I had heard...
passed down from generations,
those choked were turned into trees..
I keep walking...
If those were true,
I might have been turn into one...
the doubts that filled me are like little droplets of crystal dew..
trying in vain to wash my conscious eyes awake...
the path was slippery...
a sign of  fresh recent downpour..
the smell of soil...
I sniffed with delight...
a scent I favor over artificial branded perfumes which are
like hormone sprayers against the face...
like synthetic honey-like liquid attracting foolish bees...
the clearing backens...
How nice it would be in the open grounds...
admiring birds hovering across the rippling skylines...
a taste of simple bliss...
My heart had reached that clearing,
but clearly my body hadn't...
My worn out slippers struggle through the sticky marshy mud...
are my doubts been cleared that i could reached the clearing before dusk...
I fear...
the forgotten legend come true... dragging me into the dark...
silencing me forever...
Right now, there is still time...
I lift my determined feet and tramp forward...

No comments: