Monday, December 5, 2011

Leisurely Stroll...

The morning weather had been good... Neither too chilly nor too glaring... the wind blew a welcoming tune... My heart leaped... Why not a stroll in Domain...  the park where I had thrown to the back of my mind even when I lived near it... Now, it was further away, but it was indeed satisfying... I love peaceful strolls... the mornings here aren't too bad... I actually like sweating even back then, but the long half stroll half jog was not very good for my sweat gland to start functioning even after I had been walking for nearly two hours... The more delicate side of the park was hidden further down towards Lower Domain... I came to the end at Parnell but jogged back swiftly to the Cherryblossom Groves... and back through the main entrance near the hospital... It was a good one... previous visits had all but a rush, the touch and go type... people often jogged near the duck pond and winter garden... I ventured further... the forest walks were refreshing... It was amazing to be walking in a mini forest which is situated in the midst of a busy city... I won't call it a metropolitan.. It is less hectic as compared to the capital city of my country... I chose to take the Lovers Walk, as I've never been through that part yet.. the other route pointed towards Glade's Path (which I  had set my foot before).. I'm easily delighted by tiny bits which others consider as boring... My delight was that of the discovery of a  tiny waterfall which slaps the brownish - black stones with  its clear dancing water... it flowed into a merry little stream, the sound of simple joy... Along the walkways, fragrance from unknown flowers filled the air with a refreshing spur.. Birds such as the fantails hopped across my path occasionally... I was alone... it felt so good... being just with the nature...
I might do it again as days are carefreely passing by now... trees were like those which resemble the fairytales narration. Lovely blue bells drip down from their slender stalks.. echoing the hums of the bees within..

 







No comments: