Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Small pleasures...

Ever since I've started my studies here... Everything was routine... Lessons, assignments, tests... I take pleasures in little things, even trifle ones...

A small piece of sushi delights me... Food delights me a lot nowadays... Mum said to me for the first time in my life "You should be on diet dear..." Hahaha... I looked a bit chubby, face wise... maybe because of my new hair style which emphasizes my round face...

I made my library card yesterday... i mean the public one... (finally)... sniffing the damp smell of paper bag books, imagining tons of stories busting in them waiting for readers to savour them from within... That was one familiar feeling that I've abandoned for at least eight months since I've gotten here... My imagination suffered due to the absence of these story books which gives life to it... I borrowed three books for two weeks... Do I have time to read them? Hmm... But still, borrowing them is a rare treat as free times as scarce...

I find amusement in the attics of mynas who are permanent residents of my hostel's balcony... Some time they'll bring their fresh catch, and perching on the cement platform enjoying it... Most of the time their piercing chirp (not quite a chirp, a scream is more likely...) though doesn't sound like the melodious songs of country birds, adds a little sprinkle of nature in this skyscraper - filled land...

Sharing stories with my roommate thrills both of us... Still, assignments pile sky high, thus these times are short and brief... a quick conversation makes my more speaky.... Haha...

Small pleasures which i think will not be forgotten even when I'm an adult...

No comments: