Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Wonderful Experience...

I woke up at 5am this morning though it's a weekend... Dragging myself heavily towards the bath room, i had half wished that I'm still fast asleep in my cosy bed...
Why do i wake up so early?
Well, I had wanted to attend the 43rd anniversary of Chi Ji's organisation... Si Ting n I were to wait at the guard house to be driven to the Chi Ji's centre...

It was not a party type of celebration, as we were ushered into the third floor of the centre to hear the speech given by the founder of Chi Ji live broadcasting from Taiwan... Then it was breakfast time...We had handmade longevity noodles with herbal sup...It was refreshing though kind of simple...

The second session was continued by chanting session where we chant the Triple Gem Mantra and a few other Mantras... I cried again as we were shown the video clip which shows the efforts done by Chi Ji members who reach out to help the unfortunate... it was so touching...I just couldn't stop my tears from streaming down my cheek... The celebration ended in a very meaningful manner...We were given souvenirs... It not a very stylish one, but I like it very much... And It's EDIBLE... I was just too reluctant to eat it... Two mini pau in the shape of peaches sticking side by side in a small box... (picture below)












Then, my seniors and I went to eat some vegetarian lunch...It was lovely...I have a craving for vegetarian food, and this was a chance not to be missed...


Just look at the 'fish' It's made of bean dough actually... I simply love it...Tasty and succulent!!







Though it's a simple meal, a simple photo of it here doesn't look appetising enough to attract any one's eye...I enjoyed it very much... Rice and veggie dishes is the major treat of my simple life here, though many of others preferred western or Japanese cuisine which can be found in abundance in City Square...
As a whole, I enjoyed myself very much...It has been one meaningful day for me!




No comments: