Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Touching Story...

Yeah, finally I have managed to get my hands on story books after months of coping with their absence... After reading the whole book entitled 'Her Father's House' by Emma Sinclair, I found myself weeping... I'm getting more and more touchy these days...

The storyline was a very good one... It has included the setting in Asean country (Singapore) as well as in America... So it is thus a mixture of both eastern and western culture... It tells about how an adultery brings about family turmoils and unhappiness... This story is filled with dashes of excitement in every page, attracting me to keep reading it... How war separates family members, how social statuses prevents the characters from choosing the ones they truly love, how a single desire for lust brings about major changes in life which may affect the whole life... It was simply fantastic... All of these events happened to the Trevellan family...

Some people may find it quite boring because it does not contain too many flowery language... Too many fantasies... Too many happy endings... It only circulates on the life of a Baron's family threaten by greed, hatred, unhappiness, forbidden secrets... In fact, actually it truly brings out the reality of life... These days, I'm not quite into happy ending stories... Though this story in a way a happy ending, death, remorse and guilt shadowed it...

When I first borrow this book from the library...Theva said: It's not my cup of coffee, it bores me because it talks a little about war... Still, I really recommend it... Mind you it's not a new book with sweet smelling paper scent... It's already a very old story book ... The main character Jennie went through odds and obstacles to achieve the life she dreamed of and also to protect her family's home... It truly touch my heart deeply...

I get to feel the warmth of a true family, a special bond which will unite every one of the flesh and blood 'like the falcon back to the owner's hands'. It is somewhat similar to "The Lone Eagle" which i've read previously, but this one involves many conflicts...

It's a book of passions... Emma Sinclair really brings out the gist of life which put readers in a position that allows us to experience the brutal life...

No comments: