Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Those of the same kin...

Passing by the field, i saw two horses drink at a stream... one white and one brown eagerly lapping the clear bubbly water... Are these from different farms? I thought they were from different farms... Runaway horses? Observing them carefully, i saw different personalities... One was cautious towards its surroundings, the ears twitched... barely did a rustling leaf escapes its sharp hearing... The other was contented with whatever it has in front of it... water... to quench its thirst... i bet that they are distant relatives of the same breed... The same brown eyes... herbivores... etc...
I still feel that they are of the same clan, originated from a faraway woods... I like their manes, curling around their necks... wild as they are, i will not cross their paths... Their eyes are indeed welcoming... i crouched under the oak tree unwilling to leave... It was so hard resisting myself from going forward to embrace them... to touch their necks and rub their noses... Spiritual friendship i'll have with them... 'They are wild' i keep reminding myself... They will never be tame... Thus, going near means the risk of getting stepped on is higher... the wounds will be deadlier... Another black one galloped into sight without me noticing it... I thought i was looking at Black Beauty... It looked fiercer still... it come nearer to graze the greeneries near me... its nose brushed pass my foot... i managed a pat on its nose... though it was approving my presence, i will never ever bring myself to ride on it... Wild horses are dangerous, but they are magnificent creatures to behold in sight... No matter how welcoming they look, i'll surely end up torn apart...

No comments: