Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Thought...

The holidays is nearing its end... Hanukkah and Christmas celebrations are over (though i celebrate none)... It is going to be 2010 soon... From now onwards there will not be another year with two zeroes laying side by side in the calendar untill the next century - 2100... 2009 is the last with those in the middle of it... Two years have flown passed since i left high school... The only two things i feel remorseful about is the missed opportunity to snap some photos with my teachers... I've promised to visit them during my sem breaks but... little did i know that all my sem breaks coincide with the school holidays... I still had the yearning of going back to school each holiday, but, the teachers will not be there, it is a common sense that all teachers need these off days too... There is always a soft spot left in my heart for my high school... I feel that it isn't as bad as what the others had said it was... Maybe it is the way they see it... Even the principal gets the bad credits...well, every human isn't that perfect anyway, we can't expect him to bear all those burdens and on the other hand satisfy everybody... Maybe, as students, we expect adults to have the credibility of perfecting everything without thinking about how it is done... What procedures it has to go through... To make something smooth running, lots of things have to be taken into consideration such as the cooperative spirit, financial means, response from the higher authorities... I've kind of thought about this after seeing a little more than what i've seen as a high school student... Perhaps it is because childhood is leaving me further and further away... There is a sense of urgency to meet my teachers again... I fear that things will change altogether if i do not fulfill my wanting next year... i hope that i could do it... Maybe most who are my schoolmates will scorn, what's so good about that school anyway...?Well, I just feel that it fits my high school memories perfectly together with its good and bad reputation... Mum said my principal is retiring soon... Though i've got no comments to say about him...he is still the only principal i know in that school... school feels different if another senior teacher is going to be the new principal... Thus, i hope that i can still feel the familar feeling when i manage to return there next year...just to take a stroll... Life after high school doesn't seem as exciting as it was during high school... Maybe it is the way of seeing things... Everything is just a normal item, there is no excitement of discovering something new... Hanging out with friends are all about keeping the spirit of friendship alive and as firm as before, talks about growing up, gossips, and usual stuff (clothes, boys, appearances, changes)...Maybe there isn't anything so special about the world, humans spice it up just for the excitement they need... Sometimes we experience fun and enjoyment, yet in the midst of it, you realise that there is an emptiness in it... So what is the fun about? Childhood dreams are more realistic than what it is in reality... Getting older by the year now... happiness is such a short span creature...

No comments: