Thursday, June 23, 2011

Awkwardness...

Cooking is fun when we are in the kitchen with friends and some other people whom we feel comfortable with.. Awkwardness comes when people who do not feel awkward about publicizing their, ermmm, certain actions come in... Though they acknowledge our existence there, and are actually quite friendly, but, ermmm, made me feel very awkward... I've just realised that I'm using so many 'awkwards' in my first two sentences so you might guess how uneasy i was at that time...
A couple i assumed were being a little to intimate openly to an outsider, i know they do not feel awkward but i do actually, with all the squeals they made and kissing and being touchy touchy... i didn't know what to do actually except to stare at my half - cooked vegetables in the pan wishing hard that they are cooked at that moment... I know the girl, we smiled often to each other... but this was the first time i've ever seen her partner... he is kind of friendly offering the filtering net as i was draining water from my noodles... but, i feel a lump in my throat as he was constantly acting so intimately... it's not the silent type of lovey dovey hugging and kissing, but the sensual type..i do not know how to describe it anymore and i do not want to as this post would become an adult content post....
But the situation was disturbing... very disturbing... that is why i have to write this post... the awkwardness actually made me feel like laughing out loud (I always feel like laughing when i'm in an uneasy situation, a weird habit of mine actually)... Thank god theva was there, i could control myself from standing there like a statue trying to block out whatever they were doing or the sounds they are making just beside me... I couldn't concentrate on my cooking.... Theva keep me busy by having conversations now and then... She feels awkward too... We were stuck there, staring at each others food on the stove... and staring blankly at each other... starting a conversation was also hard as the couple was loud... uhuh... I will surely take my half -cooked food back to my floor to continue cooking there if ever those two come in to do their meals.... i couldn't bear the conditions which makes the kitchen stiffen... My top two reasons of avoidance...firstly, not wanting to embarrass myself by laughing out and secondly, offending them as they really do no harm... just that, it was very disturbing indeed... other than that, cooking is still fun...lolzzz..

No comments: