Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Breakdown...

My phone broke down yesterday... I hate that...So far I've changed two phones for the past four years... It seems that phones nowadays have shorter life span than their 'anchestors' of yesteryears... This may mean a good future for handphone dealers as their buyers flourish more than ever... Some sort of business gimmick??

Though all my phones are not the over RM400 types, I kind of have a soft spot for each of them... Precious as they were, I kept each of them at home, unwilling to trade in (it's just a meagre amount of money anyway)... They 'died' so suddenly, just as if a heart attack had just broken out... The screen went blank... Efforts of reviving them are of little use... The switch just won't work... Everything went off together with most of my unsaved contact numbers... Only a few were 'rescued' from the phones through the 'emergency room' - the SIM card... Those nicely written forward messages that I had saved were buried in the heart of the phones with no alternatives of retrieving them out...

I've just gotten myself a new one with multiple functions. That doesn't mean that I've finally bought an expensive model... (though it cost more than the previous ones)...about rm60 more... My friend said that it's worth the money... His phone cost an amount of rm900, burned a hole of his dad's pocket...Lol... But that was two and a half years ago... His phone lasted quite a while till now, that's the advantage of a good expensive one... My phone had all the functions like his but not as expensive of course... I just hope that this one could last for a longer period...Just don't want to burden dad every time my phone breaks down... It takes quite a few years more before I could finally start working and earning my own cash... That time I'll buy good elderly friendly phones for both my parents...

No comments: