Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The last Glimmer of 2008...

In just a wink of an eye, what was left of 2008 is just a mere amber, glowing dimly... The first spark of 2009 is going to ignite at midnight today... Though 2008 isn't a perfect year, it isn't a meaningless one either... This year marked the end of seeing schoolmates whom I had spent at least eleven years with, and a start of meeting new friends in an alien state... Encountering much conflicts, depression, pressure and tension, but yet there are some nice memories which are worth my safe keeping: reunions, heart-to-heart talks, a few trips, some realisation, some events... Though time is blown away by the last breeze of this year, it is still part of my life... 2008 is part of my lifespan on this earth, no matter how many more years there are waiting for me ahead... This will be my last post for 2008, mind you, it'll turn out to be quite a lengthy one...

My New Year Resolution

There are a few resolutions that I had made for myself this year. I hope that all of it could be fulfill... But the most important thing is that I myself and my family would be satisfied by my performance next year...

1. The top priority - my studies. I hope to be able to hold on to this scholarship till the end. This is the opportunity of a life time, sent by god, the first stepping stone towards my desired path. I know that next year would be a tough year for me as I do not want to be kicked out half way, or being given a cancellation of my scholarship. Some pieces of unpleasant news about my seniors who were flung out although they had manage to got through the first year in Auckland U scares me quite a bit. A perfect score would be my target! (I wonder how are my former classmates getting on with their studies?)

2. Good Health for me and my family. Health is the greatest wealth. My weak immunity always can't pull me through a whole year without getting a fever or flu. Sometimes it even spread to my family, and that will always keep us in bed for most of the time till we recover... No health, no best performances, no best grades, no best moods, no smiles...
*pause* (talking about this, I got up to have a drink of water...)*winks* ;)

3. Staying Focused. Sometimes, I tend to lose focus... I will not be concentrating on my studies with all those external disturbance... Please, (begging myself) don't lost focus, you have loads of assignments to complete and refine, there is the mock exam running towards you at full speed in March, there are lots more knowledge to remember and learn... So, the next time you start to daydream I'll whack the sense into you! (make up my mind to self - torture when I lose focus...lol...)

4. Getting Along with Roommate, New Friends and Seniors. Yea, this would be the worst problem next year... I still couldn't familiarised myself with my classmates though we get along quite well so far... Talking about seniors, so far I do not even know any of them, except Evelyn (whom I had talked to through the phone once). I blame myself for not taking the initiative to have a word with them. (*Whining* ...but there are loads of assignments during the first sem!) There is one, who tries to be friendly, but in the end, getting myself to walk away as the first impression that he had given me is not a good one. Huh, whoever had heard of someone who blurted foul words when they first get to know a new person (though he didn't mean it I guess, just a slip of the tongue)... new friends, hmm... Still a little too early to say much except for they are quite nice...

5. Eat healthily. I find it quite impossible as there is only one cafeteria that serves curry everyday (fattening and major cause of high blood pressure)... Perhaps I might order meals from the jolly uncle who brings ordered food from outside...I tried a few times this year, the food isn't too bad, the only problem is the timing and waiting... I'm too lazy to wait for the arrival of this uncle. My lecture ends at 1.30. Most of the time the food comes at 2pm, or 2.30pm... I've a bundle of clothes to wash and sometimes extra classes to attend to at 2.30pm. The delivery is done at the ground floor, but I live on the 3rd floor... (there's no lift)... So, for last semester I went faithfully to the cafeteria, eating curry and soggy dishes daily, gaining a few kilos on the way... Way back here everyone commented that I must have been eating quite a lot of fast food to grow to this size... (I'm down by a few kilos now by the way during this long break)

6. Exercise to Energize. I've been playing badminton with friends several times this hols... Not too bad, at least I still play my game... I hope to play more variety of games next year... I've played ping pong and tennis last sem...I think I'll continue with that, and also spare some time for basketball and badminton in the campus... It's been a long time since I had abandoned my basketball... My skills are way worse than a primary school basketball player... Also, exercise keeps me energized, essential for the building of my concentration...

I think these are what I wish to fulfill and achieve next year...Just hope that it will be a fruitful year. The Year of the Cow coming to kick away the year of the Rat...LOL... Happy New Year everyone!^^

No comments: