Sunday, December 28, 2008

Outdated?

I've read an article in the papers recently. I had a mixture of feelings after that. The writer seems to encourage people to stop blogging. Well, I certainly won't. It was stated that 'blogging is for the oldies'. Frankly speaking, I'm not even in my late twenties yet, so what's wrong with blogging? It seems that nowadays, more people Twitter than blog long posts. There is also some sort of statistic which shows that only 1. something million of people update their blogs in seven days' time. I admit that I do not update frequently,but that shouldn't be discouraged. Personal bloggers who blog for passion do not need to compete with the other socio-political blogs or even some magazine and newspaper blogs. We just blog at our own pace, taking our own sweet time because we do not commercialize our blogs, we do not need many people to flood our blogs just to be some top bloggers, neither do we earn money. We express our opinions in a neutral manner without the fear of being censored by the government (unless you really want to cause trouble by insulting or discuss much-too-sensational issues). The article also stated that 'Those who do not have a Facebook is considered a Luddite'. Well, I certainly do not have one, which, in this case, makes me a Luddite -_-!'''... Whatsoever... I've no regrets of not owning one... That doesn't make sense at all... I can't Twitter because I owned a hand phone without any blue tooth device install in it or any advance gadgets... So who cares if I'm outdated or not!

1 comment:

Gecko said...

I don't think our dedication to blogging should be judged on the basis of how often we update our blogs! That's just not fair. And also coming to social networking sites, well, there's a new one every week and keeping up with what's the most happening site of the moment is really not worth our time and effort.
Some people blog instead of writing in a diary, some blog cause they love writing and some discuss ideas. No matter what reason it is, as long as it's personal and does not hurt or offend anyone, you're right, nobody should question us how frequently we us up new posts!