Thursday, December 18, 2008

Picky about eating eggs...

Mum cooked yesterday. A simple meal of bull's eye fried eggs, cabbage soup, and homemade meatballs yet satisfying my cravings for home cooked food after spending half a year swallowing curry, nasi and sayur at my campus' cafeteria .Yum yum, mum's cooking is always the best.Hard to find cuisine I must say.Only during the holidays do I have the chance to savour it.

I gulped down (wolf down to be exact...=_=''). Mum gave me her portion of egg white during lunch. I was quite surprised as she used to love eating that part the most. It seem that she had changed her liking for egg white. I guess people change their taste most of the time. Mum had also reminded me that I used to pick out mushrooms from my steam cabbage rice which is now one of my favourite dish. Now I simply love the mushrooms, black mushrooms which is a frequent ingredient in Chinese dishes.

Came across a saying that states people change their tastes as they undergo different stages of life. Yeap, maybe that's part of growing. No matter whether the growth involves mental maturity, self esteem, personality or lifestyle, people are always changing. The positive changes or the negative changes??? It just depends on the choices they choose whether it go against the limits of conscience or the other way round. It really goes in line with the theory proposed by Max Weber. People are guided by rationality nowadays. Are they guided by the rationality of cultural trend? or rational instinct?

For sure man are the only beings who live on based on cultural elements and not biological instincts solely...

No comments: