Friday, July 4, 2008

Eat DOTA, Drink DOTA, Sleep DOTA.....

Grabbed this photo from their frienster....Haha...sure playing DOTA...


Just now, I asked the guys to join me for a last match of badminton tomorrow before I leave the state.... They didn't reply my message for a long time.... Feeling impatient, I called up one of them...Guess what, his answer is "Hey, sorry la... busy playing DOTA, no time to reply you, I guess all the others are also the same because they are playing DOTA with me now, can't talk dy, bye..." There was a clicking sound and the line went dead...

Those guys had caught a severe DOTA game illness (incurable).... The weird thing is they are less interested in any football match... Ask them about the final match between Spain and Germany during the recent EURO Cup, and their answer was " Emm, you look it up in the papers lar, we didn't watch, were playing DOTA"... They were crazy about it (I've forgotten when the trend had started, maybe it was two or three years back)...

I do not think that they are crazy about it... They were simply obsessed... Every time the topic that they would be chatting about is DOTA... The characters in the DOTA... This somebody so and so did the silliest move... Some other were nobs in their tactics... Bla bla bla... There was an endless list of subtopics in the DOTA...

Even after every badminton match at the court, they will sit down to rest and start to pour out stories about DOTA... At the coffee shop, anywhere any time... We, girls were always bored out by their topics ( maybe because we never played it)... Even though they are physically six formers at the present, they are still children at heart (Are guys always like this)...

Even my cousin's husband was also one of those DOTA 'addicts', but at least not so serious... I am quite curious what makes this DOTA so special until all the guys are 'mesmerized' by it?

I had saw some kind of topic in the newspapers... It states about distracting the drug addicts from their craving for drugs by introducing computer games for them to occupy their time... Some did cure from the addiction thanks to this method... Maybe some part of the guys' brains are sensitive to computer games... It seems to be replacing the addiction for drugs using the addiction on computer games...


So, I conclude that guys must best be leave alone when they are playing the DOTA thing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, heard that you rumbled in lisa blog that no one comment in your blog huh? lol
Btw, I don't wanna touch the DOTA thing even once as I know I will be indulged in it for a long long time. In simple, it's addictive! That's why I hate on9 games!

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you chiawen!
Mind adding me in MSN?
aaron1kee@hotmail.com