Monday, July 7, 2008

Smokers Are Disguisting!

Mum didn't cook today... So, we ate out at a restaurant... Upon reaching the place, we found out that it was almost full with customers...There wasn't any table left at the corner which overlook the river... So, we had to sit at the table next to a table of elderly men (maybe in their late forties I assume)... After ordering for our food, we had expected the waiting part as there were many customers who had arrived earlier than us....

I was looking forward to my favourite dish of 'fish wrapped in lotus leaf', as this would be my last Chinese restaurant food before my departure.... Food had arrived at the next table where those men I'd mentioned were sitting...

Finally, all the dishes we ordered had been served before us.... My mouth was watering away as I looked at the steaming fish and at the same time sniffing at the aroma floating in the air.... All of a sudden, the sickening smell of lighted cigarettes floated by...That immediately decrease my craving for the food in front of me.... The irritating smoke came from the table where the elderly men were sitting.... They were taking a puff after their meal.... Those inconsiderate men puffed away as if they own the whole restaurant....

I was choking within five minutes as I can not stand the intoxicated air in the restaurant.... ( To tell you frankly, there is no window anywhere near my table where fresh air can circulate in the stuffy area.).... It was an unpleasant dinner....I was hoping that they could just leave the restaurant...After all, they had finished their meals.... No, they did not leave at all (even after my whole family had left)... I can see that they are heavy smokers by the way they lighted one after another of 'rokok'....

I did not enjoy the meal at all.... Every time I open my mouth to savour the tasty dishes, the smoke from the cigarettes flows into my mouth too... Yuckss.... I hurriedly gulped down my food, wanting to leave the place as soon as possible... I do not know how many litres of that carcinogenic smoke had I inhaled.... Damaging my lungs...

Stricter laws should be enforced by the governments to prevent smokers from smoking in closed areas especially in restaurants, coffee shops, mamak stalls where non-smokers have no where to escape from the dangerous chemicals given out even from just one cigarette... Please do not victimised non-smokers...we are innocent and are looking forward to a longer life span...

No comments: