Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Eating Kua Ci (Sunflower seeds)...

Mum had bought a packet of Kua Ci... Uhhh, it has quite a peculiar smell ( not any Kua Ci smell I had smelled before... Soon after that I found out that it was the coconut flavour that gives it the 'unique' smell(no big deal, man)... Okay, soon after that, both of us sat in front of the idiot box, waiting for the six o' clock TV reality show... Mum had some sort of craving for those sunflower seeds... Even before the show had started, she had cut open the plastic packing, scooped a handful, and started cracking the seeds with her teeth...

To tell you the truth, I always avoid eating those seeds since I was young... I had tried umpteen times to crack open the outer seed (or shell or whatever it is called)... The result is always the same... I ended up grinding the seeds to fragments(including the edible parts).... swt...-_-!''

Some sort of inner power draws me to try again today... I took some of the seeds from mum ( she gave me a surprise look)... " Okay mum, just let me give it a last try..."
I was quite determined to get the whole piece of the edible part without smashing it to pieces... holding it in between the upper and lower jaw (and in between the front teeth), I tried....

And miraculously, the outer shell cracked open nicely...Wow, this is the first time I got the 'flesh' as a whole, not as fragments.... I cracked a few more, but this time, the outer shell got stuck in between my teeth... Oh my god, that was painful... I pluck it out with my hands (ewww...), the edible part was also soggy with my saliva (sounds disgusting huh?)... That hinders me from anymore attempts to eat Kua Ci... Guess what happen to my fron teeth? It was separated from each other with a small opening in between...

That push out all my desire to master the Kua Ci eating skill...That's it... No more Kua Ci eating for me... Oh well, I think I'l never master the skill this whole life... i do not have any 'yuan' to eat it, though it seems quite easy for others...

No comments: